Monday, August 22, 2005

Black hole discovered


The other day, while walking around Kalamazoo, MI on a rare sunny day, I was taking photographs with my Intel Play digital video/still camera (now available from Digital Blue). I seem to do this quite often as I am quite fond of the simply terrible resolution that this camera offers, 320x240 in "High Quality" mode.


Well as I was walking around I looked up and saw the sun and aimed the little camera at it. Now I am not an astrophysicist by any means, but if you will look closely at this picture you will see (as I have) a black hole centered right in the middle of the sun. Maybe there was just too much information for the camera to handle and it just farted out, but there is sure some sort of black colored hole looking thing right there in the middle of the old sun.

Maybe that is why the scientists tell us not to look directly at the sun, they are hiding this black hole for themselves. Either way, don't look at this picture for too long. You might start seeing things...